counting 6 impossible things before breakfast
Post by Spyglass Owl on Jan 1, 2015 1:45:46 GMT -5
What we've got here is...
A Failure to Communicate Spread (8) - For The People You Can't Reach by Glass Owl
This spread has a strange origin and evolution.
I was listening to the radio the other day at work (not by choice) and I decided to jot down the three songs that I heard. I made up my mind that I would try to come up with some spreads using these three songs so I printed out the lyrics for each. While looking up the lyrics of one of the songs (which was "Faith" by George Michael) I discovered that Limp Bitzit had done a cover of the song and that there was a hidden track/song after it on the album in which it appears. After reading through the lyrics of that hidden song this spread just flowed out effortlessly.
The title of the spread is also inspired by yet another song. At the beginning of GNR's song, "Civil War," a classic line from the 1967 film "Cool Hand Luke" is used.
"What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men".
Here is the layout:
(OP: stands for the Other Person)
1. What is OP's current knee-jerk opinion or label of the querent?
May also reflect the OP's view of his/her current relationship with the querent.
2. What is OP currently clueless about when it comes to the querent?
("You don't know me.") This information could possibly change OP's knee-jerk opinion of the querent
(card 1) or OP's relationship with the querent if this information was known and understood.
3. How OP thinks his/her words and behavior towards the querent is affecting the querent.
4. How OP's words and behavior toward the querent is actually affecting him/her.
5. If OP were up for a real heart-to-heart, what question/issue would OP bring up with the querent?
6. What *garbage* (in regards to OP's behavior) is the querent tolerating?
7. Why or how is the querent currently tolerating this behavior from OP?
8. What should the querent do when communicating with OP?
Advice/guidance for the querent.