I came up with this free flowing spread a few months ago when I decided to do a spread on the paternity of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.
1-2-3-----10..........Row 1: The Mother 4-5-6-----11..........Row 2: The Father 7-8-9 ----12..........Row 3: The Child
- Since I created it as a free flowing spread (no set position meanings) it can be used in a variety of ways. One is for paternity. Another would be to get a tarot "snapshot" of a family.
- The cards in each row offer information of some kind regarding the intended person. Taken together, they will give you a "snapshot" of that person. I can't tell you exactly what each card will mean beyond the person that they represent. In another words, I can't tell you if card 5, for example, will be a past or future action of the father, be of "particular significance" or be a "general personality" trait of the father. But it will have something to do with the father and maybe it will be a clue of sorts if the father's identity is unknown. In another words, the cards will tell you what you need to know, in my opinion.
- You can also look down the columns for connections or insight into how one person may influence or relate to another.
- Cards 10, 11, and 12 are clarifying or advice cards. Could also represent a present situation. You could leave these out if you wish.
- This spread, depending on its purpose, could be expanded to include other family members by adding additional rows.