counting 6 impossible things before breakfast
Post by Spyglass Owl on Jan 1, 2015 1:42:07 GMT -5
What Are You Petrified Of Being Or Becoming? Spread (7) by Glass Owl
"We fear to know the fearsome and unsavory aspects of ourselves, but we fear even more to know the godlike in ourselves." - Abraham Maslow
I based this spread on Susie Suh's song, "Petrified To Be God-Like." It is on her self-titled album, which is outstanding. Now only is she a very talented singer but her lyrics are deeply personal and heart-felt.
1. "I fight my demons every day/ They come and go, they ebb and flow like the ocean"
- your demons
2. "You think you know me, and you know me, but you/ don't know/ How scared I am" of [card 2].
- a fear
- could represent a past/present/future situation, an emotion, a person, an aspect of yourself, etc.
3. "So I like to make excuses"
- What you make excuses about, to whom you make excuses to, the type of excuses you make, etc.
4. "And I like to blame everyone else"
- Why you blame others, what mistakes/shortcomings you blame others for, your "blaming" pattern/style, etc.
5. "And I like to point my finger at you/ Rather than [card 5] myself"
- Her word in this line is "change" but card 5 will personalize this line for you.
6. "And I tend to run away from [card 6]"
- In the song this line ends with "my reflection." The card in this position will "reflect" what aspect of yourself, life, or other people YOU run from.
7. "You see I am so petrified to be [card 7]"
- Susie Suh says she is "petrified to be God-Like." What are you petrified of being or becoming?
[HASH]mytarotspread [HASH]susiesuh [HASH]songspread